We have prepared from the information of other pilgrims, forums, guides and our own experience a checklist of the material needed to make the Portuguese Way, a simple way to check that nothing is left behind.
A week before the road make sure the weather forecasts to further adapt the material. We like to take a picture of the material to visualize well what we will carry.
Here we leave you the checklist of the Portuguese Way
- Trekking sticks.
- Trekking footwear.
- Footwear to rest.
- A polar.
- A softshell jacket.
- Trekking pants.
- Resting pants.
- Technical t-shirt.
- T-shirt rest.
- Three pairs of hiking socks.
- Two molts.
- Hat or cap.
- Depending on the time.
- Toothbrush and paste.
- Microfiber towel Sunscreen.
- Paper tissues or toilet paper.
- Ear plugs Clothespins and safety pins.
- Mobile phone.
- Documentation. Pilgrim’s ID, Passport or DNI, Health Card or equivalent, Cash and Credit or debit card. Multipurpose knife (with scissor and tweezers).
ANOTHER MATERIAL NECESSARY TO TAKE INTO ACCOUNT
- A guide of the road.
- A mini kit. Although the hostels usually have (strips, gauze, tape, aspirin or paracetamol) and you will find pharmacies.
- A cloth bag (to go shopping).
- A canteen or hydration bag. Reflective. An external battery for the mobile.
- Photo camera.
- A small headlamp
- A poncho and backpack covers.
IF YOU GO TO PUBLIC HOSTELS
- Sleeping bag, as light and compact as possible. Essential in public hostels.
- A pillowcase for hygienic reasons.